An athletes life revolves around prep when they have an eye on a contest date. Every bite, every workout and every drop of sweat is carefully planned for maximized results and physique transformation. So the question becomes, after months of strict strategy what will you do after the competition?
Lots of athletes talk about a great dinner or having a photo shoot done to commemorate their peak condition. But with our first PCA USA contest being held in Lakeland, Florida in August, here are some close by destinations that are adult-only, as well as family-friendly.
1. Disney World: If you want to eat well after contest, Disney's Epcot is well known for their food from around the world. If you are looking for thrills, family fun, and a continuation of "being our guest", then you will also love to visit the rest of the Disney World parks: Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios. Plus, enjoy the shopping and entertainment at the newly renovated Disney Springs. Distance: 37.7 miles
2. Universal Orlando Resort: Distance: 47.9 miles
3. LEGOLAND Florida: Ideal for competitors traveling with young children, Legoland Florida is a 150-acre theme park and a waterpark. It is perfect for families with children between 2 and 12. Bring shopping money for exclusive park-only and hard-to-find LEGO sets! Distance: 20 miles
4. Fishing Charters: In Florida, you can enjoy year round fishing for an unforgettable adventure. Florida's Southwest coastal saltwater flats offers the best fishing for Tarpon, Snook, Redfish, Trout, Cobia, Pompano, Kingfish, and Triple Tail. Distance: Throughout the area
5. St. Augustine: Make the most of your Florida trip and visit the oldest city in the United States, St. Augustine. It is known for its Spanish colonial architecture, as well as Atlantic Ocean beaches like sandy St. Augustine Beach and tranquil Crescent Beach. While there visit Anastasia State Park, Castillo de San Marcos stone fortress, St. Augustine Alligator Farm, Believe It or Not Museum and the absolutely tasty Luli's Cupcakes. Distance: 162.4 miles
6. Daytona Beach: Daytona Beach is known for Daytona International Speedway, which hosts the iconic Daytona 500 NASCAR race. The beach has hard-packed sand where driving is permitted in designated areas. Near the boardwalk’s rides and arcades, Daytona Beach Bandshell stages free summer concerts. Steps from the beach, Daytona Lagoon water park offers go-karts, laser tag and waterslides. Distance: 111 miles
7. Busch Gardens: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay is a 335-acre (136 ha) African-themed animal theme park. It will thrill the entire family with roller coasters, attractions, live shows and exotic animals. Distance: 34.6 miles
8. SeaWorld: SeaWorld Orlando is a theme park and marine zoological park, located in Orlando, Florida.They provide $10 million in donations and in-kind services for animal rescue and conservation efforts. Distance: 44.6 miles
9. Ybor City: Explore historic Ybor City's nightlife, cuisine and shopping. Centro Ybor encompasses restaurants, bars, retail and a cocktail-serving movie theater, as well as video gaming at GameTime and performances by the top-notch comics at Tampa Improv. There is dancing, concerts, and epic restaurants. One of our favorites is Hamburger Mary's Bar & Grille, a friendly burger joint with live entertainment. Distance: 33.2 miles
10. Florida Beaches: Florida has hundreds of miles of beaches, with the Atlantic on one side and the Gulf of Mexico on the other. Choose your destination, with options including South Beach, Sanibel, Siesta Key, Palm Beach, Captiva, Key West, Daytona and Delray Beach, just to name a few of our personal top choices. Distance: Various
So after the show, what are you planning to do?